Friday 5 June 2009

Pinball Addict

About 2 years ago I bought Gottlieb Pinball Classics for my PSP. I have to say that this was a great purchase and well worth the money. Two years later and i've got one Table Goal to complete, and it looked almost impossible. The table was called "Central Park" and the goal was "Win 5 or more credits". It seemed like the way to do this was to rack up the bonus until you lit the special light then hit that target 5 times. For many weeks I tried to do this goal with only three balls before giving up and accepting the 5 balls it wanted me to have ;).

So, one day, I won 4 credits... then lost the ball, but then I won the "match" to give me five credits.. I felt the sense of acheivement (and the sense of how much life i've wasted *lol*) but then, it didn't award me the goal. I came up with a theory why it hadn't given me the goal (maybe it doesn't count the "match" credit) and played again, this time winning exactly 5 credits just as I lost the ball. No goal awarded :(. Some time later, I had a godly go where I won 11 credits. I wooped and celebrated, this was sure to be the winner... no goal >.<. So, I came up with a new theory, I had 999 credits by this time, prehaps it was not counting the gained credits because there was no room? so I went to the gambling table and bet all my credits on a sure loser. Tried again, won again, didn't award the goal (but did suddenly put me back on 999 credits again). Wondered if there had been a saving bug, so, lost all my money again, saved the game... turned off the PSP and reloaded, made sure I had no credits and began to play. Won 4 credits and the match again... returned to 999 credits AND NO GOAL! >.<

So, for anyone else owning this game, I think there is a bug which prevents you attaining the table goal for "Central Park" if it is the last goal you have to make (or possibly at all?). My one final hope is that "maybe" just "maybe" the credits need to be attained by score alone (and not by hitting the special)... i'll let you know.

Incidently:

I've now deleted my game data and I am attempting to finish Central Park earlier.

Its useful to note that completing the table goal on "Elderado" gives free play on Central Park. Though after furthur thought it seems that it just awards the unlockables in a set order and is independant of which goals are completed.

Well, I have finished (and been awarded) all the table goals and I am disapointed that none of them unlock the tilt feature (oh, I know I can buy the code, but I like to win my unlockables).

Also, for the first time I completed the Gottlieb Challenge (and really trounced it too) and was bitterly disapointed to discover that you get excactly the same message for completing ALL the tables in the challenge you do if you only completed one then failed. What a crock!

So that was very disapointing. Its such a shame, Pinball Classics is such a great game, but it falls down on just a few minor points. I've been having my ball fall out of the table more offten these days. Its happend three times in the last 30 games. Thats like a 1 in 10.

Still, for all my bitching, its a fantastic game (indeed its the devils own game because I can't stop playing it lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?