Saturday 4 August 2018

Microsoft is lying to us all

Turning off and disabling Windows Update in Windows 7 does not prevent updates being delivered!

I was horrified today, I have been a Windows 7 user for over a decade and one of the things which I liked about the product was it put the operator in control. If you disabled the Windows Update service, well updates would stop arriving.

Today, on the same system I have previously used withtout any updates, on reboot it applied updates. I was aware Microsoft has been pushing the update into the Windows Kernel space to remove choice from the user in Windows 10 but obviously they have already (before I disabled updates) pushed it to into the Windows 7 Kernel. The great lie online is that "your obviously an idiot to disable free updates which improve security" but lets look at what security is here:

"Security is deciding who gets into your system and who is able to control your system."

Since Microsoft has 100% access to change our system behind our backs if we are in ANY way connected to the internet, so does ANY hacker with the smarts to understand how they do this without any need for user choice. Worse, that we can 'seemingly' disable updates is a milk sop at best and at worst a deliberate lie to distract a gulable public (and a professional society).

So, my evidence Microsoft is lying is they have always supported disabling Windows Updates in Windows 7 but prevent you from not receiving updates. This means that the whole of the disabling is a lie.

 I would like to make a call out to all knowledgeable hackers to start digging into the kernel and find out which of these components are responsible for Windows Updates so that we can work on purging Microsoft lies from our systems.

In the mean time, it looks like its time for me to embrase Linux because Microsoft no longer deserve my support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?