Friday 17 November 2017

Suspicious Breakages of Post Support Microsoft Operating Systems

In 2015, I had 2 computers at the peek of correct configuration and function, these where respectively a Windows XP machine and a Windows Vista machine.

These two PC's where fast performing, well configured and virus protected.

At this time, I emigrated back to New Zealand leaving these PC's shutdown.

Four years later, I return home, boot up the XP PC and it's still working well. So I set it up for my mother, automatic updates later and the system slows down to a crawl and the internet randomly disconnects. No viruses, no Mal Ware, JUST Microsoft F**KING UP my system (I have to believe deliberately breaking the out of support systems).

Anyway, so I boot the Vista PC and Windows DreamScene is suddenly no longer running. I re-enable the component, it runs for a few mins then lags out. I had used Windows DreamScene for many years before and never encountered one single issue with the product! I have / can-attest-I-have no hardware issues and the many previous years of faultless running is not any kind of daydream.

I can't believe people are accepting Windows 10 from such a corporation. I am a Microsoft Developer (for my sins) and the underlying OS is sound, the problem appears to be they have employed measures to ensure you won't remain satisfied with an older product (since they have blatantly added 'features' to make software deliberately bad / faulty after their chosen lifespan. I will experiment with setting my clock back 5 years and see if that fixes all the issues, unless Windows Updates snuck on)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?