Saturday 27 August 2011

Microsofts mission these days is to prevent choice!

So, i'm trying to do something simple. I have installed my choice of Media Player application where I want it put (in the Documents folder) and so I make use of the nice feature Microsoft added a while back "Open With..." to make it my default media player for AVI files.

Short version it. Doesn't work.

Never mind, its easy enough to make a file association, always has been. Quick tweek of the registry.

Yep, there we go.. shows up and its all good.

Still doesn't f**ing work.

What happens is, it always, regardless of whats set, runs Windows Media Player!

Now I could f**ing go and unregister the DDE conversations and any other way it might be completing the association (explorer extensions.. whatever) but the simple fact is it shouldn't be so f**king hard in the first place. No value has been added and its eliminated choice. Congratulations again Microsoft on maintaining your monopoly through screwing your customers! well f**ing done :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?